Sunday, May 4, 2014

Screencast Project





I've done this tutorial on the Magix Music Maker software. Programs such as these are such an inspiration to me. They are designed to bring forth the creativity of the user without forcing the user to master musician skills. There is a personal element to this. I've always heard the different parts of music in my head. The first time I tried the Cakewalk software, I was overwhelmed. At last I had the tools to play each individual portion of the music and then mix them together. I ended up composing a symphony. I remember playing it for my parents. In my early years, my father would get incredibly angry that the tunes I was playing on the piano didn't sound like anything. He would always use the phrase, "Knock off that banging." After hearing the symphony, he was impressed. "What is that?" he said. I replied, "That's the banging." These tools are incredibly useful. Everyone should be introduced to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment